Download an Assured shorthold tenancy agreement that can be used by buy to let landlords renting out property to tenants. Download the template for free from us today. Simply get the occupant to fill out the form.
For those looking for commercial finance on commercial property
Here is a snippet of the terms and conditions for the tenant.
1. The Landlord lets and the Tenant takes the Premises for the Term and at the Rent specified above.
2. This tenancy is subject to and the Tenant agrees to be bound by the General Tenancy Conditions set out overleaf with the amendments and additions to them (if any) set out under the heading "Special Tenancy Conditions" overleaf.
3. The Tenant shall pay to the Landlord on the signing of this Agreement the amount of the Deposit (if any specified) and the first payment of Rent.
4. This tenancy does/does not include the use of the Landlord's furniture and effects more particularly specified in the inventory annexed hereto
5. Any notice required to be served upon the Landlord under this Agreement or under sections 47 and 48 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 shall be served on the Landlord personally or by registered post at the Landlord's address given above which shall be deemed to be the Landlord's address for service of documents.
6. References to the Premises include references to any part or parts of the Premises and to fixtures furniture and effects or any of them.
Here is a snippet from the tenants obligations:
The Tenant will
1.1 Pay the Rent to the Landlord at the times and in the manner specified without any deductions or abatement whatsoever and will pay interest at the rate of 15 per centum per annum on any rent in arrears for more than fourteen days calculated from the date upon which such rent was due to be paid to the date upon which it is actually paid.
1.2 Arrange forthwith with the relevant authorities for all accounts in respect of gas electricity water telephone (if any) council tax and the television licence at the Premises to be addressed to the Tenant in his own name and to pay for all gas and electricity consumed on or supplied to the Premises during the Term and for all charges made for the use of the telephone (if any) on the Premises during the Term and will pay to and indemnify the Landlord against either the whole of any council tax or similar tax or levy payable by the Landlord during the Term in respect of the Premises or a fair proportion (to be determined by the Landlord) of any council tax or similar tax or levy payable by the Landlord during the Term in respect of any building of which the Premises form part and will pay such sum or contribution (as the case may be) at the times prescribed by or under statute and otherwise on the dates upon which the Rent is payable and will not allow any of the said services to be disconnected altered or removed and shall ensure that the services are operating throughout the tenancy and the Tenant shall not change or permit to be changed the number of the telephone and shall not transfer the number at the end of the tenancy.